Sunday, December 30, 2012


Recently I found the mediums for heat set paints have changed and I'm not happy about it.  It has made me think twice about using them and what other painting methods might be available.  I have used acrylics in the past and enjoyed working with them however, I have never been totally confident with the durability of them.  Another thing that has always turned me off is the shine.  I really dislike shine on my baby dolls.  So after some research I have found that the acrylics are being used more then ever.  There are number of mediums on the market that compliment some of the acrylic doll paints.  For the moment I am told that Genesis matt is best used for the base and the acrylics are to be mixed with some retarder.  I have been reading about the LDC paints and found that they are more matt and also do not require a final coat.  So I'm going to put this to the test now.  Will post photos of my creation once finished.  Blog you later. Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment